Tuesday, December 27, 2011
You need to know about this one
My poor blog! This past year, I've been so caught up in my own life that I've only written about a couple of the excellent books that I've read. Time passes and you forget even the name of a good one because you're involved in something new. That is not the case with YOU'RE NOT YOU. Written in 2006 by Michelle Wildgen, the book tells the story of two women, one of whom has Lou Gehrig's disease, and the other, who is hired to take care of her during the husband's working hours. The caretaker has a lot to learn beginning with understanding the unclear speech of the afflicted lady. Does it sound a bit grim? It isn't. It's a story of growth and change and trust. Personally. I loved it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment