I hadn't quite finished the book when I wrote that first post, because this is not the type of book you read quickly. I have now finished it, and am more impressed than ever. Barbara considers the viewpoints of both the vegetarian and the carnivore fairly, and gives the reader a lot to think about. Their family eats meat and shares in the responsibility of converting a living animal into food. She doesn't try to pretty it up, which leaves me full of admiration for the frankness and honesty. While many readers may go "Eeeewww", my feeling is 'Get over it. Didn't you know that's how the chicken starts it's journey to your grill?'
You can learn a lot from this book, and there are many laughs along the way.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's eating the little chicken embryos that gets me depressed.
If I thought of them that way, I'd probably never eat one.
Post a Comment