OK, no whining this time.
A good, fun book to read is Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert ( 2006).
This first-person memoir was written by a young woman who recognized that she was quite unhappy, and set out a schedule for herself to bring about changes.
Fortunately, she had the financial wherewithall to be able to afford this.
First, she went to Italy for a certain amount of time, where she learned the language and ate a lot of pasta. Next, off to India for a while in an Ashram, where the expansion was not of the waistline, but of the spirit. Finally, she journeyed to Indonesia, to be loved.
It's interesting, and worth reading.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, I guess we are reading the same things. I loved the book, didn't expect to because I tend to shy away from books with highly extolled spiritual content, but a friend pressed it on me, and I ended up reading it in two sittings (or rather two lying downs, since I do my best reading in bed.)
Where did you read your copy?
My friend Marilyn brought it by and said "I know Joyce recommended this to all of us, so I just bought a used copy. In case you haven't read it, here's mine".
Golly, Suzanne, this is weird for us to be reading the same books without recommendations.
Is this a "Great minds....etc.?
Post a Comment