My friend, Marilyn, is an avid reader, as I am. We pass books and recommendations back and forth frequently. Since I haven't posted anything on this blog for a while, I thought I'd report on each of the four books I chose from her library the last time I visited her home. These were not recommendations from her, just what I chose on my own.
The first one I tried was The Shack by Wm. Paul Young (2007). I had read some of the promotional blurbs about the book, and knew it was about a man whom God had invited to meet Him in a shack. I also knew the book had been #1 on the NYT Bestseller list, so I expected a good read. Boy, was I disappointed! I couldn't even read it.
I read maybe 50 pages carefully, then knew I couldn't stand much more. It was poorly written, and really what my generation calls "corny". I skimmed far enough ahead to arrive at the meeting of the man and the author's depiction of God. Suffice it to say I was not impressed.
Don't waste your money, and don't even borrow it. It stinks.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Would you have liked it better if you had less expectations?
No. "Stinks" is stinks.
Post a Comment